We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to join the UI team for The Elder Scrolls Online. The UI/UX Designer works with the Lead UI Designer, Visual UI Designer, and UI Engineering team to support the development of both new and existing features. They are responsible for taking charge of the user interface design component of what defines a player's experience within a variety of game systems and gameplay, while both maintaining and improving established design paradigms and patterns.
- Work within cross disciplinary teams and define UI layouts and flows for new systems
- Deliver comprehensive documentation that defines how players will interact with new systems, from conceptual flowchart and wireframe stages to high fidelity mockups
- Actively support the development of features by providing ongoing feedback towards the development and necessary documentation efforts
- Work with our QA team to communicate the desired behaviors and experience for them to test new features against
- Provide UI design support for ongoing triage of existing systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing game systems in ESO and how players interact with them
- Portfolio with examples of your design process, from early conceptual steps to final delivery
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience on a shipped game
- Proficiency in UI prototyping software (Axure, Sketch, Balsamiq, Justinmind, Adobe products, etc.)
- A strong understanding of usability and user centered design processes
- Experience working directly with engineers to achieve desired design goals within technical constraints
- Strong visual design skills
- Direct relevant experience working on an MMO or RPG
- Familiarity with The Elder Scrolls Online and other online RPGs
- Able to effectively communicate with UI Visual Designer and Concept Artists about assets and textures
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and experience with Product Ownership
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.