ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Level Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will collaborate with design and art leadership of the project to drive level design vision and execution on a major area of the game. This will include the creation of well-composed, functional and fun 3D spaces that challenge existing norms and establish a composition that will serve as the foundation for a growing level design and environment team.
- Drive a critical area of the project’s design
- Build consensus on the level design feature set execution across disciplines
- Alongside fellow design leadership, establish best practices for spatial design, flow and world dynamics, and combat spaces
- Lead your team to create level layouts and flows in collaboration with writers, world builders, and artists
- Mentor more junior level designers and serve as a bastion for the discipline within the company
- Support the leadership team in establishing and role modeling positive processes
- Define quality standards for the team through hands on execution and documentation
- Help determine the optimal workflow for content creation and partner with the tools and tech team on tools development
- 5+ years related experience, including management
- Deeply creative with broad gameplay design knowledge and expert level design proficiency
- Ability to drive collaboration and consensus across multiple disciplines
- Strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with combat, open world, or mission design in a AAA game
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
- Previous work experience with 3D world and level building tools such as UE4, Unity, etc.
- Scripting experience, either in visual or other forms
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.