ZeniMax Media, the video game powerhouse behind such hits as Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, and more, is seeking a Web Application Developer for the IT Application Team in our Rockville, MD office.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, excited about using technology to make everyone’s job easier, enjoys working on and solving problems, communicates effectively, and can work with and add to the value of our small team.
If the following describes you, we’d love to talk to you!
- You are comfortable using modern design patterns to create dynamic web applications in frameworks like Symfony or Laravel.
- You are comfortable designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining a wide array of applications from CRUD applications to marketing websites.
- You can handle working with legacy code with the understanding that you can improve it or re-code it, as time permits.
- You are passionate about programming and can use your skillset and experience to troubleshoot complex problems in any application.
- You are comfortable with the Linux command line environment. You understand the basics of databases, particularly how they are used in web apps. You have experience with making a web application modern, secure, and simple.
- You understand basic DevOps practices, including the process where your code flows through the development cycle and into production.
- You take pride and ownership in the work you create; you thrive in a startup culture where no task is beyond your reach; you have a strong attention to detail; you excel in a collaborative team environment.
- PHP, MySQL, Node, and Python
- Experience with Laravel, CodeIgniter, MVC design pattern
- Git, JIRA, and Confluence
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments
- Familiar with Cloud concepts, such as the use of containers, serverless computing, and CDNs
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.