Bethesda.net is looking for a Problem Manager that will have a passion for delivering value to customers and continuously improving our services. Working closely with our Studios, you will develop, maintain, and improve Problem Management processes that enable them to reliably iterate on creating, distributing, and maintaining AAA games. As the interface between our Technical Operations and the customer you will collect feedback to distribute to support teams and ensure that it is used to drive continuous improvement. Your experience crafting, implementing, and managing processes with and for our Studios will keep your finger on the pulse of the organization.
Bethesda.net is a central service group focused on streamlining operations and centralizing business initiatives, as well as providing platform services, product/data security, and hosting. We provide a wide variety of features that support our game studios, publishing teams, and players.
- Provide recommendations for improvement to services with the purpose of increased availability, improved service levels, reduced costs, and improved customer convenience and satisfaction by reducing the number of operational problems.
- Investigate and diagnose problems using relevant subject matter experts to assess and analyze root causes.
- Perform proactive problem management. Collect and analyze operational data (especially incident and change records) to identify emerging trends that may indicate problems. Log problem records to enable assessment in accordance with the Enterprise Problem Resolution Team Procedure and Escalation Procedure.
- Participate in and assist with the facilitation of ad-hoc and recurring meetings pertaining to problem management. Manage the logistics, such as scheduling and meeting planning, venue reservation, setting agendas and taking meeting minutes.
- Revise and maintain a Problem Management plan, policies, processes and procedures that reflect ITIL best practices.
- Develop, measure, and analyze Critical Success Factors (CSF) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and design and generate metric reports.
- Develop status and performance reports for staff and senior management.
- Develop training plans and training materials and conduct training on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Provide individualized instruction for IT staff and contractors on the problem management key process areas, associated templates and procedures.
- Upgrade, maintain and use a Known Error Database (KEDB) for problem management.
- Perform incident trend analysis to identify problems and perform proactive problem management activities.
- Provide guidance for conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA), evaluate the RCAs provided by problem analysts and conduct incident trend analysis to determine whether a problem needs to be recorded in accordance with the RCA Procedure.
- Acts as point of escalation where resolution ownership is disputed. Ensure player experience and business interests are maintained above those of any specific service.
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to collaborate on Continuous Improvement efforts and drive stability on Production environment.
- Navigate through ambiguity to solve problems using effective communication and team coordination with Service Management and Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Build and maintain strong and long-term customer relationships through clear and concise written and verbal communications, increasing trust and involvement, and reducing ambiguity and conflict.
- Relevant experience within a high operational tempo call center, IT help desk, or network operations center (NOC).
- Ticket management and major incident management at an enterprise scale.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with Incident, Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization.
- ITIL foundations certification or better.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing, documenting, implementing, and managing policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining customer feedback loops.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience identifying and prioritizing opportunities for improvement and driving continuous improvement.
- Minimum 2+ years of project management experience.
- Capable of acting as a procedural escalation point for the customers.
- Experience working closely with people of varying technical and operational skill levels.
- Ability to quickly prioritize a high volume of work.
- We prefer applicants for this position to have online or MMO gaming experience.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.