Lead Technical Artist (f/m/d)
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games by working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment?
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Lead Technical Artist to work with us on our flagship title ‘The Cycle’. We’re looking for people who love the idea of working together in interdisciplinary teams and a fast-paced and professional environment.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Oversee the development and introduction of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and new in-game technology
- Function as the technical art department lead, responsible for managing and mentoring our technical artists, drive global technical art initiatives within the project
- Work with the art director, technical director and other department leads to realizing the project’s creative vision
- Write and maintain technical documentation in terms of standards, pipelines and processes
- Providing feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as technical artists and developers
- Leading by example: ability to find creative solutions for complex technical art problems that exceed player expectations and set examples for other technical artists
- Establishing qualitative and performance benchmarks and guiding the team in reaching them
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist
- 2+ years experience in a Team leading position
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped at least 1 shooter game as senior or lead technical artist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with 3D and 2D content creation tools including their respective scripting solution
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse team and handle the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience with phyton and c++
- Extensive experience with 3DsMax, Maya, Modo and Substance
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager and participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!