To respond to the uniqueness of the Chinese market, Wargaming is looking for a Product Manager (Marketing, PR, community) based in Shanghai to work closely with our Chinese publisher, establish and streamline cross-culture collaboration, ensure product performance and customize Wargaming products to better serve local gamer's needs. We are looking for a person with a strong PC MMO publishing background, who has expertise in marketing, PR and community as well as product promotion of successful titles.
The Product Manager will report to General Manager, China Operations.
What will you do?
- Bridge marketing, PR and community processes between a Chinese publisher and a Western developer, synchronize all relevant Chinese partner's plans and activities by being constantly involved in all ongoing activities of the partner.
- Coordinate the marketing strategy for Wargaming products in China: acquisition, positioning, segmentation, audience, communication strategy
- Facilitate early planning, detailed communications and meaningful collaboration between several teams from both parties.
- Maintain and develop brand presence of the company in China.
- Support and analyze the execution of regional marketing activities by Chinese publisher, perform In-depth analysis of regional activities, share market insights and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of our product line to ensure key live service items are effectively highlighted and communicated to our Chinese audience.
- Champion company's position, stance and attitude within the publisher-developer collaboration.
- This role involves frequent travel to Beijing.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of experience in a product management background in software technology or video games.
- Solid experience working in a cross-culture environment, familiar with western business approach, sensitive to cultural differences.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving and negotiations, ability to create order from chaos, seeker of the truth.
- Outstanding awareness of Chinese gaming culture.
- Strong communication, listening, explanation & presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical data driven mindset, high attention to detail.
- Native Mandarin Chinese speaker.
- Fluent English language skills (C1 or higher).
- Passion for videogames.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- World of Tanks expertise is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Russian language.
- JIRA & Confluence experience a plus.