This role is a key contributor to the growth of the Japanese player community. You will act as a bridge with the Product team to drive player engagement while creating digital content and building both an online and offline presence through interaction with key influencers and content creators.
This is 6 months maternity cover contract (possibility to extend)
Product Manager, Japan
What will you do?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Product Group for World of Tanks in Japan and APAC to understand the development roadmap and incoming content in the game.
- Work within the evangelist team to identify our key player communities and engage with players using a variety of platforms and tools, including WG forums, social media such as Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, 5ch, etc. and streaming channels such as Twitch and YouTube.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative insights based on regular interaction with our communities
- Attend and cover live events for social media/community and represent the product team as the face of World of Tanks
- Develop a monthly calendar of activities and content to share with players
- Work closely with Clans and top players to grow the competitive scene for WG in Japan
What are we looking for?
- Top tier communicator, both verbally and in writing in English and Japanese
- Good collaboration skills with fast leaning ability
- 3 years+ of working experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in community management with a creative mindset
- Video editing/photoshop skills or web design skills
- Fore-sight and trend spotting/setting with strong gaming/IT/entertainment industry knowledge
- Culturally sensitive across the APAC region
- Strong knowledge of World of Tanks is a plus
- Passionate about games
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!