Wargaming is looking for an Art Director to join the team that works on our new multiplayer mobile shooter with a third-person view on Unreal and using its AbilitySystem.
Our game is built on a Game As A Service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
What will you do?
- Develop the visual style, design, and overall look of our game
- Be responsible for the creation of engaging game characters, assets, and environments
- Define visual and art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent and supports the creative and game direction
- Take responsibility for all visual aesthetics of our games including concept art, character design, models, environments, animations, UI, cinematics, and more
- Collaborate with the production leaders when establishing the look, feel, design, color, and mood of our games
- Be accountable for marketing/publishing art content created by Ad Creative teams
- Investigate new art technologies which can aid in our efforts to create the most beautiful games possible
- Grow and manage teams of 2D artists, 3D artists, Animators, and Tech Artists
- Actively conduct art reviews, manage the approval and sign off processes for art assets
- Research and explore best practices in art; lead the development of standards, pipelines, processes, and feedback mechanisms
- Establish a collaborative art culture that engages talent and maximizes team potential
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art
- Supervise art outsourcing teams
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years working experience as an Art Director (AAA or live mobile games)
- Experience managing teams of 2D artists, 3D artists, Animators, and Tech artists
- Ability the grow and mentor art leaders
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and final renderings
- 2D art skills a must
- Expertise with Adobe Photoshop
- English language skills and comprehension
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Knowledge of the Unreal game development platform
- Openness to both internal and external feedback
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet, MS Project
- Experience running mobile game development projects
- Experience working with highly distributed development and support teams
- Experience with shooter genre games
- Experience with new IP development and ideation
- Bilingual and/or interest to learn basic Russian
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!