Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.Job Description
The Senior Technical Artist will leverage knowledge of multiple disciplines within technical art to develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes;
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints;
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management;
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources;
- Set and share best practices within the group;
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required;
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations and textures as and when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce);
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations;
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines;
- Knowledge of different hardware architecture;
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Knowledge of video bit rates, compression methods and other associated processes is desirable;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in technical art or other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 1 game within the technical art discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.