Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.Job Description
We are currently looking for a Senior Artist to add their skills to our ambitious art team. For this position we require someone with experience in working with hard surface modelling, ideally in weapons and firearms. As our new Senior Artist, you will help define how to build and setup props including destruction and special functionality as well as happily share your knowledge across the team.
- Creation of high quality 3D assets;
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine, ensuring performance and technical quality;
- Set up destruction, dynamic aspects and other functionality of art assets;
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements;
- Co-operation and working collaboratively with other Ubisoft teams as appropriate;
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate Level Artists and contribute to their technical and understanding as well as techniques;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time-frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools (Jira);
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Support the Lead Environment Artist and other artists in ad hoc tasks;
Skills and Knowledge
- Very good skills in Maya or 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Solid command of Substance Designer / Painter.
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong ability to adapt to adaprt to new processes and pipeline;
- Excellent understanding of Physcially Based Rendering systems and techniques;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Strong Knowledge of optimization techniques.
- 5 years’ minimum relevant experience Environment or Prop Artist for example in commercial, film or games industry;
- Relevant training or experience which could inckude Bachelor’s degree in games Art;
- Has shipped at least 1 or more titles, preferably full project cycles on a AAA console title;
- Experience in both hard surface modelling techniques;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and Substance preferred;
- Ubisoft favours using 3DS Max although this is not essential – relevant experience in similar software is desired;
- Strong knowledge of working with game engines desired.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios should contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of hard surface models, preferably including firearms and weapons;
- Examples of materials and high quality textures;
- Organic and hard surface examples desirable;
- Examples of style variety desirable
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.