Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.Job Description
Lead, mobilise and develop a team of game designers towards creating and developing engaging features.
- Support, guidance and feedback for the team;
- Manage and help organise the day to day task of the team;
- Regular and meaningful 1-1’s with the team,
- Hiring manager for any future candidates within the team;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for the team members. Empower them with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Build and grow/maintain an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels ensuring that the team player culture is fostered;
- Work on career growth and succession planning for the team;
- Provide the tea with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development.
- Empower and guide the team in design, creation and balancing of major game systems;
- Help the team to carry ideas from conception, through to prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines, and empower team members and feature owners to do the same;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Be a champion for improving standards of all design practises;
- Support the Game Director, Creative Director and Producer to help positively influence the team around a vision for the project;
- Support Senior Lead/ Studio Design Manager to help implement their goals and leadership responsibilities;
- Combine innovation with strong knowledge of industry standards and enable your team to do the same;
- Help and guide the team to produce clear and effective design documentation;
- Produce guides, templates, landing pages and more for the team to help with the teams productivity;
- Balance any potential hands on requirements with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
Skills and Knowledge
- Key knowledge and understanding in multiple areas of design;
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Strong awareness of market trends;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of game designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact whilst promoting an open dialogue with your team;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills of your own and the teams time;
- Proactive, self-motivated and comfortable making difficult decisions;
- Be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 6 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role;
- Significant involvement in either multiple game titles or projects in the game design discipline, preferably a full cycle on a AAA title or equivalent;
- Ideally have had experience of either mentoring or managing people;
- Experience of at least 1 project at a senior level and preferably as a lead/manager.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.