Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.Job Description
Lead a Data Management team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Work alongside the P&I Support Manager to establish good workflows and practices;
- Support the P&I Support Manger in establishing and tracking data and tickets within Jira across multiple projects;
- Improve visibility of Data Manager workload and capacity - Communicate this out to the teams and improve transparency;
- Ensure the team are being responsible for the consistency of data and versions as well as ensuring the successful delivery of game builds;
- Ensure the team are providing support for branch management and integration requests as well as defining the branching strategy for a project;
- Ensure quality and tracking of daily data generations;
- Proactively predict and resolve future issues (e.g. capacity constraints, maintenance intervals, etc);
- Proactively propose, develop and deploy improvements to production processes and look for opportunities to optimise developer workflow;
- Be a primary point of contact for external support teams (HQ, Studio Collaboration etc.);
- Attend project meetings/sync ups and communicate out any plans, updates and events out to the team;
- Proactively build connections within the Ubisoft Data Management community and proliferate best practice and expertise to other studios and productions;
- Provide mentorship to other Data Managers on the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge of a source control system (Perforce is essential);
- A rigorous and structured approach with strong problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills;
- A proactive attitude, resourceful nature and someone who thrives on autonomy;
- Ability to work calmly, considered and with purpose under pressure;
- Technical competency to understand the intricacies of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other avenues for improvement;
- An interest in safekeeping and organising data with strong work ethic;
- An aptitude for scripting or knowledge of at least one scripting language is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience managing and leading technical staff is desirable;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Data Management/ IT/ Build Systems or other relevant experience;
- Experience and understanding of IT Systems and Networking;
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integration.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.