Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.Job Description
Own and design the monetization opportunities that respect the core game vision and create fair and generous player experience.
- Work closely with the Monetization Manager and other relevant partners to promote monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention, increasing game revenue while keeping players experience fair and generous;
- Design sustainable monetization systems in line with the game’s long-term vision;
- Define pricing strategy for in-game store items, bundles, and promotions based on the overall monetization direction;
- Ensure monetization systems work in harmony with the game economy;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm monetization systems are well integrated in the core gameplay features;
- Monitor KPIs, review performance of current systems as well propose new solutions;
- Collaborate with Game Designers and the Monetization Manager to help identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization;
- Work closely with production, business and analytics to optimize revenue using data driven approach;
- Prepare competitive analysis on emerging monetization trends and identify ways of integrating it into game monetization strategy;
- Produce clear, effective design documentation according to project standards and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
- Aim to combine innovation and knowledge of existing standards to create monetization features which provide the best experience for players and highest revenue opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, retention and monetization;
- Great knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the core monetization strategies behind them;
- Good knowledge of key performance indicators for live games, ability to identify and predict trends based on KPI reports
- Strong ability to deconstruct core loop into smaller systems and identifying in them best possible opportunities for optional revenue sources;
- Strong analytical thinking, understanding features perceived value from players perspective and possible friction points;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model complex systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of data.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, understanding prioritization based on systems impacts on the game’s monetization;
- Great knowledge of Excel and other relevant software i.e. analytics dashboards
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience in business, economics, statistics or similar;
- 2 years or more experience in game monetization, business performance, digital sales, product management or other relevant fields;
- Experience monetizing F2P AAA or Mobile games an asset
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.