Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious IT Support Engineer to join our growing IT team in Irvine. If you're looking to join a highly successful team, then we'd love to hear from you! Twitch is the (video) game-changing live streaming service for creators.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will provide hands-on support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Additionally, you will also support networking and local server resources for your site.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users.
You must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software), and a willingness to learn and apply new technology. You possess superior technical aptitude, and the ability to deal patiently with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, you must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability. Proven ability to operate in high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and maintain a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Resolve complex issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to improving and creating support procedures and documentation.
- Provide personalized support to Twitch employee at our SFO Service Desk
- Help remote employees to troubleshoot and gain hardware/software support via tickets and other company communication channels.
- Set up and maintain our conference room technology, Gameslab, printers, and other IT-related site equipment
- Manage our IT assets through the entire lifecycle, including purchasing, repairs, and secure disposal.
- Monitor and manage our IT ticket queue to ensure SLA's are met.
- Be proactive with mentoring and delivering groups or 1:1 education.
- Purchase, image, and deploy laptops for employees both locally and remote.
- Be our onsite hands when necessary, to resolve issues with core networking switches, routers, and WiFi access points.
- Evaluate new technology and maintain services.
- Analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact to the business and team.
- Collaboration Services support
- Experience of working in an IT or Desktop Support/System Administration role.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies, and distributed systems concepts
- Have broad knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 10, Linux, and managing Mac and PC’s in an enterprise environment. Exposure to Active Directory and JAMF
- Ability to perform advanced system administration activities and are a subject expert in at least one area of technology.
- Have a strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision; you are a self-motivated, self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work.
- Exposure or some experience to scripting and or programming. Showing us something you've built counts as a bonus!
- An understanding and awareness of Security standards.
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills/certification
- Have hands-on experience with MDF/IDF Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance.
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP)
- Experience with JAMF, Munki, Corporate Client Engineering
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.