Survios, the developer of the best-selling VR games Raw Data and Creed: Rise To Glory, has an opening for a full-time Technical Artist working in Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining a full art pipeline and tools while developing cutting edge visual effects and procedural art systems. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver who demonstrates creativity and a respect for aesthetics. Applicants should be enthusiastic about ensuring that visual assets can be easily integrated into the game engine without sacrificing visual quality and must understand how gameplay and architecture issues can affect content creation and can successfully develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
- Establish and maintain art asset pipeline for Unreal Engine 4 projects.
- Develop visual effects and procedural art and menu systems.
- Write animation, modeling and rigging tools for artists using Maya and other programs.
- Work directly with engineers in C# to manage 3D assets and materials.
- Research and create procedural art systems using mesh deformation and other techniques.
- Worked on at least 2 complete projects: college projects and mod projects are acceptable.
- Working knowledge of one or more 3D packages including modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation
- Extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 material system.
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, advanced shading techniques, particle systems, character skeletons and kinematics, command line systems, and real-time lighting are all highly advantageous
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Scripting experience (Mel or Python)
- Comfortable working independently or within a group
- Shipped game titles as Technical Artist; preferably a AAA title.
- Experience working with PS4 and/or Xbox One hardware
- Rigging/IK setup experience
- Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox knowledge
- Knowledge of programming (C++, C#, etc)