Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible.
Survios is constantly pushing the boundaries of VR, and we are looking for an experienced Senior Linux Systems Administrator. As a member of our operations team, you will play a pivotal role in building our systems and network infrastructure and participate in key design decisions. The ideal candidate has touched all aspects of a large production environment and can scale along with the company. We're seeking someone who is self-motivated and passionate about designing and implementing secure, reliable, and scalable systems.
- Design, deploy and administer systems including, but not limited to:
- Windows specific deployments including Active Directory, Windows DHCP, Windows DNS, Win File Server, Group Policies, Win Deployment Server and WSUS.
- NAS systems (Buffalo, FreeNAS SAN, FreeBSD, ZFS).
- Local & Cloud Servers (Amazon AWS, Ubuntu Linux Servers, Chef).
- Virtual Machines (ESXi, vCenter, VMWare).
- Network systems (Cisco ASA Firepower, HP Switches, VLAN’s and Cisco WLAN Controller) .
- Responsible for security system administration and compliance including MPAA auditing.
- 24/7 on call for emergency response, disaster recovery.
- 5+ years experience as a Linux Systems Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
- Strong understanding of all OSI model and network layer technologies specifically.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Powershell and CI / CD.
- Experience with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Atlassian Suite and other project management software systems.
- Strong experience with Security Compliance: MPAA Auditing.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Intermediate experience installing, setting up and maintaining VR hardware and equipment including the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR systems.
- Knowledge of Perforce, Git, Jenkins, IncrediBuild and other server side game development tools.
- Experienced with PPTP/Site-to-site persistent VPN creation and maintenance.
- Experience writing small scripts and utility applications.
- Passion for Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.