Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for an experienced Build & Release Engineer.
- Produce a great deal of builds daily for QA and public distribution; which includes builds review, tracking, diagnosis, delivery, and archiving.
- Creation of distribution builds and end-user presentation (installers, console finishing protocols, etc.).
- Design and implement tools and processes to support build automation and accurate delivery.
- Take an active interest in game quality, ensuring content is at the highest quality for each platform.
- Be communicative to production about the status of builds, including changing priorities, product holds, engine stability, and estimation of delivery.
- Debug issues in builds before they are delivered, identifying potential problem areas, investigating bugs, and mining data sets.
- Surveying and notification of console development changes in support of the engineering team.
- Knowledge and background in build management and distribution (Console experience preferred).
- Knowledge and background in continuous integration and automation systems (Jenkins, Cruise control, QuickBuild, anthill, Teamcity, etc.; Particularly Jenkins).
- Able to demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Have proven strong organizational skills and task management skills.
- Experience with C/C++ and development tools like Visual Studio.
- Have a passion for games and a solid understanding of game platforms and systems.
- Thrive under pressure, maintaining a steady pace to your work in the face of multiple deadlines.
- Experience with Perforce, or other version control systems.
- Experience with bug-tracking software (JIRA, BugZilla, Hansoft, etc).
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4.
- Working knowledge of Unity or other game engines.
- 3 or more years experience in the games industry.
- Previous build experience with any of the following platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, PS4, Android.
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Experience with Windows software development using C++ and/or C#.
- Experience with PC installer technologies (MSI, NSIS, etc.).
- Experience with deploying SQL changes.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IIS web applications.
- Basic system administration skills (Windows, Linux).
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.