Survios, the world’s top VR developer is looking for an exceptionally skilled and highly motivated Senior 3D Environment Artist to help visualize the future of virtual reality and lead the artists on one of our unannounced VR titles.
A good communicator and supervisor, this person leads by example and inspires teams to create AAA content. To succeed, you must be able to lead creative teams and have excellent technical art chops. Our Senior artists lead by example and strive to set the highest quality bar in VR possible.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible.
- Work with the Discipline Leads to lead Art Production per project.
- Manage and mentor the art team, with an eye towards balancing quality and productivity.
- Running daily stand-ups with the art team.
- Attending and contributing at daily Leads stand-ups.
- Daily communication with other production groups (e.g. engineering & design) to ensure the art team stays in sync with them.
- Create and manage art documentation.
- Support and advise the Creative Director to ensure their vision makes it into the game.
- Accomplished visual artist with 4+ years in the video game industry, with credits on multiple titles using high quality 3D content with highly detailed environments.
- Excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with the production of optimized, game-ready 3D models using Maya or 3DSMax.
- Experience and skills in sculpting using ZBrush, Mudbox, or other sculpting software.
- Proficient in complex 3D modeling, UV editing, texture placement and creation/editing of layered textures using Substance Designer/Painter.
- Strong understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material and shader system.
- Strong artistic sense of shape, proportion and color.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 level creation tools including BSP, level streaming and lighting.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable to new tools, environments, and unexpected challenges.
- Formal Art Education.
- Drawing/Painting ability
- Previous work in VR and/or a passion for VR.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/reel (or link to a portfolio/reel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.