We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Digital’s Sheffield studio is currently working on an exciting undisclosed AAA multiplayer action game and are looking to recruit an experienced QA Lead Tester working in a dev/embedded capacity to lead the existing QA testing team working on this and future titles.
Working in the heart of the development environment, the successful candidate will play a key part in the development process by defining testing processes, supporting and mentoring the experienced team of testers and helping the overall team achieve their target quality in design and implementation.
QA are genuinely embedded in our development teams and we are relying heavily on our testing team in order to be able to continue to achieve excellent results, therefore we consider this a key role for our flagship studio.
In your new role you will:
· Plan QA deliverables and ensure coverage for all testing requests from all areas of development
· Define the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
· Provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
· Assist the recruitment team to recruit additional QA testers
· Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project
· Sign off on releases for production milestones
· Be a point of contact for all QA-related communication
· Take part in project leadership meetings and chair daily QA SCRUMs
· Be an advocate of QA throughout the organisation
· Liaise with external testing teams at our publishing partners
To be successful you will have:
· 5+ years’ experience within games dev/embedded testing, at least 2 of which in a senior or lead capacity
· Experience in shipping 2+ games on consoles, at least one of which in a lead or senior capacity
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· A very high degree of flexibility and organisational skills
· A passion for games and their development
It would be an advantage if you have:
· An understanding of MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
· Current knowledge of platform specific certification requirements
· Experience using UE4 editor
· Experience using Perforce VCS
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.