PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
An exciting opportunity to join a new distributed team that runs content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services and experiences. We’re looking for a passionate gamer, brand-fanatic and/or a digitally savvy publishing specialist – creative, strategic and highly organized.
As a Web Producer you’ll contribute to the global editorial calendar and be responsible for the day-to-day content planning, curation, creation, distribution optimization and amplification on PlayStation.com and associated outlets.
You’re an experienced content producer with an excellent understanding of how to build innovative and engaging assets - from editorial copy to rich media, short and long form. You will work alongside a team and multiple partners to ensure that content featured on the site is up to date, relevant, and on-brand. You’ll be supporting the global program, editorial process and content strategy that fuels SIE’s flagship website (PlayStation.com), in turn driving player engagement and business objectives.
Whether supporting our hardware platforms, our online services, or our games, our team is responsible for ensuring we have the content that our players are looking for (and our business requires) before they come looking for it.
We are a globally distributed team and will require working across multiple time zones, including territory support.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in daily content creation and management on PlayStation.com, including product and campaign landing pages
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal/external teams to sync, plan, build and publish effective digital content in support of marketing campaigns across software, hardware and services
- Update and/or maintain editorial calendar as needed
- Assist in the request, creation, and management of assets for use on PlayStation.com
- Ensure our key user journeys always work as expected
- Ensure content is published to a quality level with a consistent tone of voice
- Support the needs of 36+ territory marketing teams in their BAU management of local web initiatives and timely page activations
- Operational tasks such as localization, site QA, vanity URL setup, keyword optimization
- Track and respond to performance data to ensure PlayStation's content marketing initiatives are reaching as wide an audience as possible - driving traffic and engagement (per team critical metrics)
- In collaboration with the SEO manager, utilize current SEO techniques to maximize impact of content
- Identify and take advantage of new business opportunities (new platforms, content types, trends, etc.)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience crafting compelling content/experiences and digital media
- Strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail
- Proven digital publishing experience across the full content life-cycle – plan, write/produce, release, test, optimize, measure – in a fast, iterative way
- Understanding of the gaming industry, gamer segments, competitive landscape and digital trends
- Experience with CMS (Adobe AEM preferred), web analytics (Adobe Analytics preferred) and Adobe Photoshop.
- Literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver personalized and optimized experiences
- Experience in multi-site, multi-language, global site management
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge
- Fluent in English with outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in additional language(s) is a plus
- Basic SEO proficiency
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Familiarity with using tools such as JIRA/SAP/WRIKE/Slack
- Quick study, resourceful, resilient and highly organized
- Dedication to deliver projects on time and (sometimes) in confidentiality
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and integrity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.