PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for its next VFX Artist! You'll work to create special effects to work and assist in the gameplay, environment, and cinematics of the game.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Create simple geometry and assign UV’s
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game
- Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures
- Proficient with node-based shader networks
- Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit your application below and be sure to include a link to your updated reel.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.