PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We’re looking for a talented newly qualified trademark lawyer / attorney who wants to work on cutting-edge brand, clearance and enforcement issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal & Business Affairs Team.
PlayStation video games, services and systems are constantly evolving, and this position will work to protect our ever-developing brands.
PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides challenging legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing commercially focused advice on the clearance and protection of trademarks to all parts of the Sony Interactive Entertainment business.
- Managing the prosecution of SIEE’s trademark portfolio
- Advising game studios on the recreation of worlds within games.
- Clearing visual assets for use in games
- Reviewing products for trademark compliance
- Assisting with the border enforcement of SIEE’s trademark and design rights
- Working with colleagues in the marketing and operations teams to gather evidence to demonstrate the use of marks
- Delivering Trademark and Copyright training to staff
- Preparing training materials
- Managing litigation against those infringing SIEE’s trademarks, designs and copyrights
- Supporting senior colleagues with Anti-Piracy issues
What we’re looking for:
- Newly qualified trademark attorney, solicitor or barrister
- Legal Experience / Knowledge of Trademark clearance and protection.
- Experience dealing with legal disputes
- Experience managing external service providers
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate to a diverse range of people
- Ability to multi-task and effectively assess priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a global team
- Inhouse, law firm or chambers experience of working in Intellectual Property.
- Experience of using online Trademark clearance tools
- The role will require occasional travel to SIE studios in the UK and abroad.
- Familiarity with IP management software
- Enthusiasm for technology
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.