PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Staff Technical Program Manager within the Platform Hosting Engineering (PHE) organization. The teams within PHE provide core technical capabilities to host the PlayStation Network (PSN), including global traffic management, cloud infrastructure, monitoring and telemetry. The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for driving PHE projects in collaboration with other global SIE engineering teams. Partnership, communication, and the desire to move us forward and deliver will be the keys to success in this role.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple, large, cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies
- Work closely with engineers and engineering managers to create detailed execution plans, understand technical dependencies, define use-cases and expected outcomes
- Coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external partners to estimate efforts, define milestones, execute, and deliver with high standards
- Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks and communicate status to leadership and partners.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
- Contribute to establishing or improving standard methodologies and metrics for the organization with best practices and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, working across engineers, product management, program management, and all levels of leadership
- A strong desire to partner and build lasting, positive relationships across the company
- Self-starting, self-managing, able to stay organized while driving multiple projects and maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to influence beyond the immediate team and establishing shared goals across multiple leaders
- Demonstrated success managing large-scale, cross-organization projects, resolving priority conflicts, and delivering on-time and on-budget
- 10+ years of experience working in a program/project management capacity in technology environment; 4+ years of that experience in a software development environment
- Experience in cloud infrastructure program/project management
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall
- Experience with Release Planning; specifically working with business partners to prioritize projects while also working with resource managers to understand capacity for set releases as desired
Required Technical Skills
- Expert level experience with JIRA - ability to create custom dashboards, and understanding of how to manage as a source of truth
- Expert level experience with spreadsheets and presentations
- Ability to extract and work with large datasets for organizing projects, reporting progress, and measuring success
- Strong knowledge and background in cloud hosting and infrastructure technologies
- Understanding of software development principles and processes
- Technical aptitude to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
Required Soft Skills
- Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach
- Complete ownership of end to end solutions and managing their life cycle
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Execution oriented and results driven
- Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.