PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Technical Program Manager - Front End Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
As our Senior Technical Program Manager, you will drive a seamless product delivery that will delight our passionate consumers. You will work in an Agile and highly collaborative environment with our Product, Engineering, Design, and Quality assurance teams. You possess outstanding project management skills and a solid understanding of modern development tools and methodologies.
You are comfortable facilitating large sized project workshops and processes, enabling a cross-functional effort spread across multiple geographical locations. You’re a team player and passionate about bringing delightful experiences to life
- Work in an agile environment collaborating with teams across Engineering, Product Design and QA to deliver high quality software
- Leverage people and soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere of excitement and collaboration towards delighting customers and pushing the limits of technology.
- Leads projects with teams that may include other Project Managers, Engineering, Design, Product and Operations personnel.
- Find innovative ways and solutions to problems; Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication to drive changes in behavior
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact between product, engineering and design teams and continually drive towards a premium user experience
- Effective in Solution and System Architecture, driving end to end solutions for complex technical problems
- Effectively communicates with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- Technical background (Computer Science, Engineering, or Development background). Prior experience as a developer is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant Technical Program Management experience in an agile software development environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Experienced working with offshore and teams spread across multiple global locations
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required. A Master's degree in a technical field or an MBA is preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.