PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager- San Francisco
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Senior Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, handle, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple large cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external partners to estimate efforts, define milestones, execute and deliver with high standards.
- Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks and communicate status to upper management and stakeholders.
- Establish/improve a standard methodology and metrics for the organization with best practices and continuous improvement.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Business level Japanese language proficiency
- 7+ years of Program Management experience driving software development
- Desire to drive process excellence
- Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid understanding of agile principles and release processes
- Proven technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- High proficiency with collaborating, process management and reporting tools
- Experience in multiple large cross-regional, cross-team initiatives
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work with teams with diversity
- Growth mentality, ability to be innovative and adapt quickly
- Experience in a high transaction network based services, gaming industry, social media.
- Solid understanding of programming languages and software lifecycle and release processes.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s Consumer Electronics devices especially PlayStation.