PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Network Administrator role is to administer, maintain and protect the SIE Europe network perimeter, while ensuring that all aspects of SIEE systems adhere to policy guidelines set out for information security. Providing a stable Wide Area Network and LAN across multiple sites within Europe as well as providing support to the Australian offices. This role also supports the Network Manager with the delivery of business led network and security platform implementations, integration and management of various back-end physical technical infrastructure components for the enterprise ie WAN acceleration and connectivity, load balancing and firewalls. Stakeholder management across regions of Sony Corporation will play an important part of the role as will involvement in long-term, global projects.
Holding relevant technical certifications, you will also need to demonstrate significant enterprise-level support experience around solutions based upon Juniper and Cisco Network products, and substantial knowledge of the Palo Alto and CheckPoint Firewalls. Knowledge of Red Hat Linux, Ruckus Wireless as well as General TCP/IP technologies including IPv6 is also required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the design and implementation of SIEE’s secure high-speed network infrastructure including, but not limited to LAN, WAN and WLAN, ensuring stability and scalability.
- Undertake the installation, configuration and administration of SIEE’s networking equipment (both hardware and software). This includes but is not limited to switches, routers, gateways, load balancers, WAN accelerators, internet proxies, wireless network infrastructure.
- Administer and manage SIEE network security for corporate, public web services and Playstation gaming services. This includes security products and systems such as firewalls, multi-factor authentication, intrusion prevention and detection devices, network access control tools, encryption (hardware and Software), SSL (accelerators, signed applications and certificates). Ensure hardening of all the network/ security devices in scope.
- Administration and updates to various Windows and Linux platforms running services that include, external DNS for LAN and WAN, network and service monitoring systems like Nagios and Cricket/MRTG.
- Manage and interpret alerts from network based IDS/IDP devices and react to these as appropriate.
- Perform firmware/software upgrades and patches for the network hardware and systems based on vulnerability scans and other alerts.
- Develop new, maintain existing documentation, network diagrams, asset inventory, road maps and plans relating to the network and information security team.
- Monitor performance levels and stability of the team infrastructure specifically the wireless network, advise and report accordingly.
- Assess new products to ensure that they meet the required security guidelines while ensuring that all business needs are met.
- Keeping up to date of emerging threats and ensuring that, at all times, SIEE is protected against them.
- Recommend best practice security services and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to set and drive goal based initiatives in a complex business environment where technical requirements are continuously evolving.
- Experience within a controlled/ compliance based environment. Working within a change management framework.
- Systems monitoring and troubleshooting experience using tools such as Nagios, Cricket/MRTG, Wireshark and other related network debugging tools.
- Acceleration technologies, from layer 3 to layer 7. Routing Protocols: OSPF, iBGP/eBGP, VRFs (for IPv4 and IPv6) and Security: firewalls, IDS, VPNs. Infoblox: IPAM, DNS, DHCP, NTP.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6) and related protocols, acceleration technologies, from layer 3 to layer 7. Routing Protocols: OSPF, iBGP/eBGP, VRFs (for IPv4 and IPv6) and Security: firewalls, IDS, VPNs. Infoblox: IPAM, DNS, DHCP, NTP.
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernet (TenGig, Optics, PoE, etc).
- Experience with wireless network design, management and maintenance including authentication and encryption technologies/ protocols.
- Security Engineering: design for security, authentication, encryption, One Time Tokens, penetration testing and anti-DDoS systems.
- Cisco Software: IOS 12.x and 15.x switching, routing, telephony (ISDN/E1, MGCP, SIP, SRST),Cisco Hardware, inc Catalyst, Nexus 5500/ FEXes, Routers, ACE.
- Juniper Software: JUNOS 18.x, switching, routing, VXLAN/EVPN, MCLAG, LAG. Juniper hardware QFX and EX series switches and routers.
- CheckPoint VSX Firewalls, CheckPoint Endpoint, Pulse Secure.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.