PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Media Planner will be responsible for planning, buying, and managing the execution of media campaigns globally across the Sony PlayStation portfolio of products with a priority on PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus and PlayStation™Now. You will be focused on driving revenue and customer acquisition to support these lines of business. You will need to be adept at digital media strategy: the skills to connect digital direct, programmatic, search and social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives.
In this role you will contribute to a global team that turns media strategies into concrete tactical media plans that deliver brand metrics and profitable direct-response media campaigns.
You will partner with the Media Strategy, Marketing Technology, media agency and in-house Performance activation teams to buy media in alignment with established media strategies that deliver on marketing objectives.
As this is a new and growing team, you will also have an excellent opportunity to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ideas over multiple areas or functions related to media. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage and execute digital marketing campaigns for PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus and PlayStation™Now on a global scale.
- Develop innovative integrated campaigns designed to drive new customer acquisition, revenue and brand awareness.
- Works closely with the Media Strategy, Marketing Technology and in-house Performance teams to ensure that media plans fully embody media strategies, and that across fixed and fluid media channels audiences and objectives are planned holistically.
- Ensure media channels including digital, television, search and social are in-market on time, ladder up to the media strategy and reach our target audience.
- Direct third party agency teams. Main point of contact for agencies’ questions.
- Domain expert on digital media including digital direct, programmatic, search and social.
- Exposure to DMP to leverage first party data across media channels.
- Lead the measurement and analysis of online marketing campaign performance in collaboration with media agency and in-house performance teams to ensure campaign optimisation is happening in an ongoing basis, in alignment with campaign KPIs.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to provide media recommendations, monitor performance, optimise media budgets and accomplish campaign objectives.
- Adapt campaigns in real-time based on performance information.
- Pay close attention to detail to identify changes in performance and pivot quickly.
- Stay abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and test new strategies that may improve campaign performance.
- Expert on media landscape, platforms, and emerging opportunities, provides ongoing media education of the marketing organisation.
- Deliver media plans on time, on budget, against agreed upon KPIs.
- Creates a culture of accountability around campaign performance and optimisation.
- Assists senior management in understanding media performance and issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Develop tactical media plans in alignment with agreed upon strategy that deliver on marketing objectives.
- Ability to keep a broad base of stakeholders and partners aligned during campaign planning and execution, evaluate success of the media campaign, and pro-actively suggest optimisations.
- Create innovative campaigns in partnership with all key constituencies.
- Ensure planning milestones are accomplished on time by motivating cross functional teams to provide input and adhere to process deliverables deadlines.
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years digital marketing experience
- Successful track record of working at or managing paid media agencies
- Knowledgeable in eCommerce and subscription services marketing techniques
- Expert in digital direct, programmatic, paid search and social media best practices
- Hands-on executional experience with planning and managing large-scale advertising campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
- Proven track record managing high campaign volume, large budgets, complex strategies, and driving quantifiable results
- Ability to project manage a diverse group of stakeholders on a global scale
- Strong understanding of digital marketing reporting metrics
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Exceptional with Excel. Ability to gather, report on and interpret data to inform optimisation and future decisions.
- Experience with web analytic tools (Adobe)
- Skilled in DMP management
- Advanced presentation and PowerPoint skills; ability to present to upper-management clearly and concisely
- Proficient at managing processes of an internal team, including: running meetings, collaboration, and follow up on detailed action items
- Adapt quickly to change
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Process-oriented manager, with the ability to clearly define, implement, and manage scalable sustainable processes for a new and growing team
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
- Articulate complex technology-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Strong interest in video games and entertainment
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.