PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Manager, Network Services
The Senior Manager – Network Services provides leadership and strategic direction for PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and the development and management of Non Game Partners for PlayStation in the UK.
This role is responsible for developing and executing UK marketing strategies and campaigns from ideation and briefing, through to execution and reporting to align with Global Product Marketing, business objectives and product planning cycles. Product ownership covers PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and non-game services. Coaching and supporting a directly reporting Product Manager who will have day-to-day responsibility for execution of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now plans.
Meeting business objectives by reaching and engaging key audiences to deliver qualified and relevant traffic to our retail storefronts with the aims of growing revenue, transacting accounts, and ARPU.
You will also work closely with our Sales team to execute campaigns in partnership with our physical and online retail partners to and grow sales of our digital products in their retail environments.
PlayStation Plus & PlayStation Now:
With responsibility for marketing both of PlayStation’s subscription services you will lead paid membership levels through campaigns to drive trials, conversions, retention, and renewal, in partnership with PlayStation’s global teams and local partners.
You will also be responsible for non-game app partners on our platform; from co-marketing campaigns to drive engagement to contractual negotiations for our UK based partners with the dual aims of delivering revenue and console engagement.
What you'll be doing:
Marketing Strategy and Brand Management
- Build an annual marketing strategy for SIEUK PlayStation Network Services, aligning with global teams and UK Marketing, Comms, and Sales teams to craft holistic, aligned marketing campaigns.
- Deliver across a range of business critical metrics including revenue, transacting accounts, ARPU, and paid subscriber volumes and interpret business critical metrics into campaign objectives.
- Oversee collaboration with the commercial team to define product and distribution approaches and define strategically relevant retailer activity.
- Build and maintain close relationships with specific third party contacts and ensure you understand their business and products thoroughly, to ensure PlayStation is seen as the most pro-active, productive and professional platform holder.
- Mange and form relationships with non-game partners and lead contract process for new, and existing UK partners.
- Identify and form relationships with appropriate partners who can offer value to PlayStation platforms and services, leading contract negotiations to deliver the greatest value for PlayStation.
- Close collaboration with the Communications Team to deliver coordinated solutions covering all areas of PlayStation Store & Services including engagement across events, social media and community initiatives.
- Identify and execute Ad Sales opportunities in the UK to support Global Ad Sales revenues
- Management of the PlayStation Store & Services marketing budget ensuring adherence to finance processes including timely PR & PO processing, on-going analysis of open POs and invoice recognition to ensure balances are closed to allow for timely re-investment.
Product Management & Leadership:
- Provide expertise on the portfolio of digital product & Services from PlayStation. Ensure the business has transparency on which products should be used to meet our objectives around platform messaging, campaign phasing and targets.
- Via summits, quarterly presentations and ad-hoc requests, ensure partners (UK departments, Global Teams, media partners, agencies) are aware of our vision, strategy, product line up and marketing plans
- Lead the S&S forecasting and target tracking (1st and 3rd). Effectively manage expectations of the business when targets are projected to miss. Work with the commercial and finance teams to advise hardware and accessories planning, providing access to consumer insights, feedback and demand
- Manage a Product Manager, giving strategic direction on PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now and day-to-day guidance and development around campaign planning and execution to align with Global campaigns.
- Handle creative and media agencies for PlayStation Store & Service campaigns, and support Product Manager with creative and media briefs for PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now.
- Define measurable objectives for team members and appropriate development plans
- Weekly meetings with team to ensure plans are on track, on time and on budget
- Identify learning and development opportunities
What we're looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing background especially with digital media
- strategy and execution and a proven ability to use data to solve sophisticated problems.
- They will have had exposure to subscription or eCommerce business models.
- They will be a focused self-starter capable of proactively handling multiple distinct products but equally capable of building the trust and respect of multiple partners across the UK and global business and external partners to deliver on UK priorities in line with Global plans and objectives.
- Excellent organisational skills with a consistent track record for delivering campaigns in a timely, professional manner
- Ability to guide, lead and inspire colleagues and assist with their campaign approach
- Timely, confident and informed decision-making
- 5+ years’ experience of product, platform or service marketing with experience of briefing media and creative campaigns
- Passionate or knowledgeable about video games and interactive entertainment
- Numerate and incisive with data with the ability to interpret sales performance metrics, market trends and campaign performance metrics and then react appropriately to maximise impact
- Educated to ‘A’ Level or degree standard in a marketing / sales related qualification
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statements:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.