PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation’s HR team is looking for an experienced HR Information Systems professional to support with Workday and other HRIS systems at our offices throughout Europe and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support and evolve our Workday HCM deployments within the Americas, Europe, and Asia ensuring its health, performance and growth.
- Support day-to-day HRIS production inquiries/requests and Workday and other HR Applications issue resolutions.
- Support small to medium HRIS projects involving new functionality, process improvement and related integrations.
- Develop complex ad hoc reports from Workday.
- Develop and detail standard operating procedures for using and maintaining Workday.
- Implement and support processes to ensure data integrity controls are in place and system data is accurate.
- Train team members and HR Business Partners on Workday functionality and best practices.
- Continually seeks ways to improve the process of delivering Workday solutions.
- Develop solutions end-to-end, from end-user experience to system impact and support.
What we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience implementing, configuring and/or supporting Workday, specifically around HCM, Absence, Time Off other HR Applications.
- Experience with Workday Custom Reporting, Calculated Fields, Business Processes, and Security.
- Experienced at gathering requirements and configuring to those requirements in Workday.
- A broad understanding of the Workday platform (business objects, organizations, tenant setup, integrations, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of HR systems and tools.
- Experience supporting small to medium HRIS projects.
- Ability to document requirements and processes.
- Experience supporting or participating in systems implementations projects.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Ability to produce accurate work under stress with frequent deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong information seeking skills and a drive to make things happen
- Takes initiative and ownership to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, especially with virtual teams
- Can collaborate with multiple team members, including virtual/remote teammates
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on and track status of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with a global team
- Ability to work successfully with a remote manager
- Experience with GDPR and SOX compliance with processes and systems
- Ability/flexibility to accommodate various time zones
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of systems and analysis is highly desired.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.