PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This position reports to a Manager on the Product Management team for Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Digital Supply Chain & Tools. One of the primary functions of the SIE Product Management team is to develop and operate the PlayStation® Store, and a key part of this are the tools that manage those stores from a catalog and merchandizing perspective. This role focuses on the former, building amazing tools that enable internal and external parties to create and submit PlayStation® software for sale on disc through retail and digitally via the PlayStation® Store.
The PlayStation® software supply chain supports the submission of product metadata, game content, sales and promotion information required to publish PlayStation® software. It is our goal to support all PlayStation game developers and publishers get their content to the consumers with as little effort and time as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the product development of new and existing tools and services to support partners and SIE.
- Work closely with key global business partners within Sony Corporation to develop requirements for new functionality.
- Manage the backlog of epics and features and drive prioritization.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale / benefits
- Support product design, development and release process for your products and maintain a product development road map
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of driven strengths and weaknesses
- Develop both internal and external product education strategies
- Provide user and driven input to research & development to address end user needs/concerns
- Ensure features are backed by critical metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS Degreeor equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a product management or related role, ideally focused on internal tools / services.
- Strong Business Analysis skills
- Strong project management skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to travel for key partner meetings
- Experience in Product Inventory Management (PIM) and Asset Management solutions.
- Some experience/knowledge of SAFe methodology and understand the agile software development process
- Experience with digital supply chain systems/process (any content types) and/or e-commerce solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with partners and project team members to further the business goals of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, clients, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of movie, music and video game service and software industries, business models and markets including competing services is helpful but not required
- Must be able to provide examples of prior work (requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, user flows, etc)
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.