PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Product Development Production Intern
San Diego, CA
Sony San Diego Studio is looking for a Product Development Production Intern, ready to contribute at the center of people and process as part of our Production team. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader committed to the growth and well-being of the team, while helping foster a culture of candor and collaboration in a growing studio.
- Assist with facilitation and schedule management of daily scrums, sprint reviews/retros, and planning.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Team, and other Scrum Masters to help teams reach their sprint goals.
- Participate in design, research, marketing, PR and planning meetings to provide feedback and insight.
- Contribute ideas for new concepts, features and designs.
- Collaborate with production team on studio-wide efforts to improve processes and foster a healthy culture at a team level.
- Coordinate across various teams and development disciplines: programmers, artists, and designers.
- Help identify impediments and cross-dependencies between teams.
- Ensure bugs and QA related issues are communicated and addressed by engineers, programmers and other team members.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with documentation, presentations, and mock ups
- Experience with bug tracking / task management software
- Experience with a school related game project or personal game project
- Experience working with various game development disciplines: programmers, artists and designers
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum and project management.
- Must love games and is passionate to create them.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with team communication software such as Slack / Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with games engines such as Unreal or Unity.