PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Producer, Third Party Development serves a crucial function within TPR – guiding partners with whom SIE has a development investment to optimal success on the platform. This can take the guise of detailed analysis and expectation setting in the evaluation phase, milestone design and management in the production phase, and guidance for best practices and partner development resources throughout the project. The Producer keeps the projects on rails and keeps PlayStation’s priorities front and centre
What you'll be doing:
- Lead production milestone creation, evaluation, and approval for all third-party relations funded projects
- Apply industry experience to guide partners in standard methodologies for development paths
- Advise executives as to the status of a game throughout its development cycle, including approving and/or restructuring financial payments accordingly.
- Play through and evaluate milestones as they’re delivered
- Serve as an additional technical and business resource for partner projects
- Right size development asks against what is technically possible, with an intrinsic knowledge of man-month needs to accomplish a project across a multi-functional team, and providing guidance on the scope of investment that would be appropriate
- Support marketing partnership globally with events when needed
What we're looking for:
- Proven tenure and experience working in video games in a production role focused on console development (ideally leading external teams/projects)
- Demonstrate increasingly levels of responsibility and a strong history of partner relationship successes within prior experiences.
- Deep understanding of all current PlayStation hardware platforms, games, and services.
- Deep understanding of all console, mobile, social, and PC platforms, games and services.
- Passion for games in all their forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, comfortable engaging in communication with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Experience working within the PlayStation production pipeline for game submission and tech needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, or other related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects and challenging priorities.
- Highly organised and comfortable working with information aggregation, management, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about sophisticated issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and see it through to resolution.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.