PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Payroll Specialist (contract)
San Mateo, CA
SIE-PlayStation is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist (contract) to support our North America Payroll solution providing services for our US and Canadian employees. This is a contract position expected to last 6 months, with a possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of hands on payroll operational experience serving in an ‘employee-first’ service environment. To be successful, the candidate must have strong organizational skills to manage their assignments effectively as well as demonstrating their analytical skills to complete assignments/fulfill requests with limited details and be able to work through ambiguity. Realize how the pieces of the payroll puzzle fit.
- Handle the SIE-Payroll Incident Management area to ensure requests and inquiries are acknowledged and supported in a timely manner
- Support auditing of “preview” payroll registers and prepare corrections/adjustments of identified inaccuracies with guidance from team leads
- Support team leads with preparing vital documentation and pay data templates for payroll transactions such as, but not limited to: employee withholding, time data and check adjustments, tax withholding and garnishments
- Support team leads in performing audits of pay data which includes, but not limited to: base wage/salary, additional earnings, regular and additional hours.
- Identify, detail and document trending in payroll/time and employee master data audits per pay period as part of SIE Payroll’s continuous improvement initiative
- Familiar with Absence Management principles in terms of impact on employee pay while on leave
PREREQUISITES to be SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Hands on experience with ADP Vantage
- Have worked within an outsourced payroll environment
- Fundamental/General knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages – especially for California-based employees (EDD)
- Strong client service orientation and superb customer service skills
- Must be self-driven with a genuine desire to provide services for our business partners and employees
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting with minimal supervision
DESIRABLE SKILLS – Standout Factors
- Ability to detail and document payroll procedures – desktop procedures and process diagrams/flows
- Effective written and verbal skills in order to interact with individuals at all levels within an organization
- Systems experience including ServiceNow CRM, Workday HCM, ADP applications: MyADP, ADP4ME, SmartCompliance
- General understanding of systems integrations and data exchange concepts (source to target)
- Associate degree preferred; advanced degree is a plus, in lieu of experience
- CPP or FPC designation is ideal
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.