PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Coordinate, understand and drive system changes and enhancements, process improvement & management reporting for the Operations function.
This role will seek to understand and analyse business requirement & user needs and suggest system changes that will meet all stakeholder needs. Impact analysis on existing processes will be required together with drafting proposed end-to-end solutions to meet business expectation.
Engaging and liaising with the operational business team and other stakeholders will be a core aspect of the role to fully understand changes to process that improve/drive efficiency and functionality.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for understanding existing operational business processes, and for performing reviews of processes when needed, in order to improve or update them. Also responsible for obtaining business approval of any changes.
- Drives business process documentation and training requirements.
- Prepare specification of any business requirements for submission to IT or external partners – includes working with business users across the business.
- Oversee and progress all systems change requests within Operations – and responsible for ensuring that any changes made in the future are captured and reflected in the process flows.
- To define, assess and help support the approval process for all business change requests prior to submission to SIE IT teams
- Coordinate and work closely with Finance team for any non-Finance process changes, sharing changes/plans to allow for adequate assessment of impact on Finance processes.
- Coordinate with all 3PL providers or external partners for any related process/IT related changes
- Analyse reporting impact for any process changes and communicate to Business team/users
- Monitor system changes progress by tracking activity & share progress report to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with development of analytics platform to provide insight and analysis to both internal and external stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent proven understanding of SAP ECC 6.0 (HANA, IBP, MDG preferable) & general IT skills Microsoft Access/Excel/ PowerPoint/Word
- Development experience on an analytical platform (ideally Qlik)
- Extensive Supply Chain / Operational Experience (ideally in the entertainment industry)
- Sophisticated analytical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Understanding of BW & other reporting tools
- Good blend of technical & functional skills, and the ability to translate business language into technical wording and vice versa.
- Good interpersonal skills and superb communication skills – ability to communicate complex analysis and solutions to non-technical business partners
- The successful individual will be self-motivated, hardworking and display high levels of curiosity as well as the desire to inspire change and challenge the status quo.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.