PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Product Insights & Planning, Monetization- San Mateo
This role resides under the Platform Planning & Management (PPM) organization with the Monetization function, focusing on monitoring the health of SIE Game Subscription Services & platform engagement, generating insights using internal data to validate product plans.
The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity for data discovery and creativity to look at both existing and new data sources to build hypothesis that drive growth through efficient product planning and management. You will analyze complex set of data, including behavioral and product usage data, and provide insights on areas that will drive product decisions through understanding user needs and desires. You will also build and monitor benchmarks and critical metrics to track the success of each product features and suggest the best approach to quantify & increase engagement across the platform. Additionally, you will continuously think about the existing data set and suggest ways to evolve the way we track and look at data.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the data related to the product & businesses within Monetization
- Extract and integrate data from multiple databases/system sources via SQL and reporting tools to support reporting and analytical efforts related to consumer behaviors and product usage.
- Provide clear, fully thought out analysis that will feed into Service/Platform Plan(s) that will provide clear strategic context focusing on measurable outcomes
- Develop and manipulate spreadsheets, databases, and data and web analytical tools to monitor product performance against critical metrics, forecasts, customer happiness
- Understand various business models including subscription & transaction based models
- Support life-cycle management initiatives by analyzing and segmenting existing user base, including on and off console behaviors, LTV, and Retention programs
- Interpret user journeys and behaviors to understand consumer desirability and gaps in existing experiences/offerings
- Build heatmaps, funnels and SWOT analysis to drive product optimization
- On-going examination of all data sources (qualitative as well as quantitative) for insight, expansion & growth opportunities
- Continually build and review existing analysis to help brainstorm and create data driven strategies, plans and product improvements
- Participate and support in presenting findings/insights and pitching ideas and solutions to various teams
- Work in close collaboration with internal data groups to evolve analyses and improve overall subscription service data quality
- 7+ years’ experience within analytical or business intelligence roles for video games, technology products and / or subscription services
- SQL programming skills required. Proven understanding of data warehousing principles and data modelling
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record in using a wide variety of technical tools to enable the visualization of sophisticated data forms and turning complex analyses into relevant insights
- Experience with financial & customer life-cycle modelling
- Strong written & verbal communication skills – comfortable presenting to all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively with many partners in order to achieve common objectives
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with other standard BI and visualization tools including Tableau, Microstrategy and/or Business Objects
- Organized self-starter, with drive and dedication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math or Statistics or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and/or console gamer
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.