PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Packaging Ops
San Mateo, CA
The Manager of Packaging Ops will lead a team of print production planners to ensure efficient development, approval and production of PlayStation hardware, software and manual packaging for US, Canada, and LATAM products. This person will ensure all elements are coordinated and release dates are met for all product launches according to NPI milestones. You will maintain relationships with all key external packaging and reprographic suppliers for the local region, ensuring work is efficiently allocated (in line with financial and capacity restraints as appropriate). You will drive continuous improvement, as well lead special packaging projects from a print perspective. If this sounds like you, bring innovation and creativity to our packaging team, keeping up to date with changes and new insights in the print and packaging arena!
- Build and lead regional packaging strategies, developing asset forecasts for creative, reviewers, and reprographic resource planning
- Understand component lead time and evaluate associated supply chain risks
- Lead all hardware and software templates from an operations perspective; facilitate reviews/approvals, version control and usage of all global updates to templates
- Collaborate closely with the regional Supply Chain team to plan operational timings and packaging briefs, ensuring this information is fostered up to NPI functions to support broad operational execution
- Manage relationships with Product Marketing and Market Liaison Team, supervising regional timings and flagging any artwork issues pertaining to release dates
- Liaise with counterpart in SIE Europe to ensure artworks are on track for release
- Implement and maintain working processes between regions that align in terms of date, process and approval
- Reprographic daily contact regarding SIEA current and upcoming projects, with monthly reviews with the Account Manager
- Regularly review existing physical packaging, seeking improvements and updates where vital
- Assist with die line creation feedback loop and constant adherence to colour standards and quality
- At least 6 years of experience working with international packaging development and print management
- Experience in supply chain management within the entertainment industry, with specific packaging development experience including manufacturing, procurement and a good understanding of end to end supply chain processes
- Previous experience of end-to-end packaging development, working with Marketing and Creative, Compliance and Legal
- Proven leadership skills that hold functions to drive operational performance and ability to influence internal and external partners at all levels
- Colour standard experience: GRACoL 2013 and ISO standards approach
- Highly effective communication, planning, scheduling, consulting and collaboration skills
- Line management experience highly desirable
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Detail orientated, highly organized and focused
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.