PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)
The IT Support Administrator will be responsible for the consistent delivery of outstanding IT support. Specialization within Development & Engineering Support will be the focus of this role. Additional responsibilities will include working through critical issues, projects, and focus on raising the bar on quality of service!
- Dept Liaison specializes in Developer and Engineering support for specific dept at SIE.
- Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests.
- Ensure timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved.
- Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Provide direct support for Windows, Linux, and MacOS endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
- Maintain up to date patching and execute security end-point remediations.
- Assists in providing root cause analysis and resolutions to trending end user issues.
- Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
- Ensure accurate update to inventory and asset management system.
- On-call assignments required to authoritatively support our global 24/7 business operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience
- 1-2 years of hands-on Executive Level Support.
- Must have solid experience with Windows 10 and macOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (iPhones, Android Smartphones and tablets) under MDM solution.
- Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (O365, GSuite, Box, SAP, Okta).
- Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus).
- Experience supporting/fixing in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA)
- Good understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
- Hardware troubleshooting experience with Laptops, Desktop, and Network Printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when vital.
- Ability to analyze test results or error logs.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of situations and take appropriate actions or call out for timely resolution.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Microsoft or Apple certifications preferred but not required
Sony is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.