The Group Manager, Brand Marketing focuses on building and leading brand and live service marketing for PlayStation's portfolio of high profile titles. You will partner with some of our studios working on world class titles.
Do you want to have the opportunity to play a meaningful role in ensuring financial success of a portfolio of games, including a number of live service titles? We are looking for someone who will be accountable for the creation and management of end to end global plans that drive growth and profitability for our games. Role involvement includes mentoring teams to define and build plans that drive acquisition of new players, engagement and retention of existing players, and re-engagement and reclaim of previous players.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Global Marketing, you will be a self-starter with a strong background marketing games, including experience with live service products and business models. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of creativity and analytical thought to drive product strategy and year-round marketing plans to keep players constantly engaged. Responsibilities:
- Lead brand strategy and identify market opportunity for a portfolio of franchises
- In partnership with our studios, build and drive approval of growth and promotional plans to deliver on business performance, including player acquisition and engagement targets across a portfolio of live service titles
- Advise, involve and share business results with leadership and global cross functional teams
- Develop best practices and sharing across the portfolio by collaborating with Media, Creative, PR, Web, CRM, Social Media, Events, Community, and Customer Service
- Work closely with consumer insights, analytics and community management teams to assess player needs/behaviors to better define product strategy, lifecycle planning, and ongoing marketing tactics
- Distill large volumes of consumer feedback into tangible and actionable insight that the studio team can use to optimize player experience, strategy, and execution throughout the lifecycle of a game
- Responsible for growth and development of direct reports. Mentor team to track business results, and impact on weekly, monthly, quarterly business performance.
- Perform general supervisory functions such as hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance management and development
- Attract, retain and empower top talent and staff
- Manage marketing relationship with franchise licensors
- Live service experience, a must, can include products with continuous revenue models and constantly updated content offerings
- Expertise in assessing and building new business models with players in mind
- Ability to make data driven marketing decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team of marketers in creating and executing marketing plans that drive acquisition and engagement
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Proven expertise in the planning, execution and leadership of business plans
- Experience working with franchise licensors
- Minimum 10+ years of video game product marketing experience, with a focus on live services
- Marketing degree or equivalent – Master’s Degree is preferred.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.