PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Environment Artist Intern to join our established, high performance team in San Diego, CA. Our ideal candidate is hardworking and passionate about this field.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Environment Artist Intern
San Diego, CA
- Model and texture environments and/or related props as needed with an emphasis on realism while under the supervision of the Lead Environment Artist or assigned mentor.
- Trouble-shoot assets and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec.
- Collaborate with the environment team and other teams or individuals as needed.
- Research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Relevant software proficiencies: Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop.
- Possess the ability to work independently, take feedback, and work on a team.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire assets and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Possess the ability to create low resolution models and texture from a high res textured model.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to teammates.
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize a work schedule in order to deliver expected material.
- Foundation in the traditional arts.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.