PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the Program Support Manager, you are a results-driven thinker who understands the PlayStation consumer’s experience needs and can translate those into actionable initiatives.
You have experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an organisational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines. Passionate about online gaming and have an interest in media and entertainment.
Your contribution will directly impact Sony Interactive Entertainment’s core business and drive consumer loyalty.
You will be a part of our group dedicated to ensuring the rapid resolution of critical consumer experience blockers! As part of this group, you will work closely with project managers, developers, CX stakeholders, and Analytics to ensure matters are escalated and addressed promptly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the end-to-end consumer journey from when a program starts through the planning, execution & operations.
- Accountable for identifying key consumer pain points and working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to share impact and feedback that lead to improvements in the overall consumer experience.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our contact centres ensuring quality and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will focus on improving the agent’s knowledge, evolving process and policies to ensure customer issues are resolved on the first contact.
- Define and ensure the delivery of advanced support readiness activities before new launches, features, content changes, promotions, and major events.
- Readiness activities include consumer self-help messaging and documentation, agent training, process documentation, and reporting.
- Oversee and report on Customer Support KPIs, including contact rates, known issue reporting, satisfaction, and set SLAs.
- Develop and improve Customer Support workflows, knowledge documentation, and training to reduce support contacts, increase satisfaction, and decrease churn.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing and store teams to review the customer journey and highlight risks and work on mitigation strategies.
- Analyse support cases and survey data to identify the cause of issues. Champions feature change requests and execute process improvement solutions.
- Develop and customise quality review guidelines and executes programs to achieve quality/customer satisfaction goals.
- Take accountability for reducing support costs by improving self-service support, eliminating repeat contacts, and other automation or innovation strategies.
- Work directly with Contact Centre partner personnel to realise and reduce customer dissatisfaction due to behavioural or knowledge gaps, ineffective processes or technology improvements.
- Resolve Executive Escalations and conduct case studies to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on company initiatives and achieve department goals.
- Host cross-functional meetings with a large number of contributors to ensure objectives are reached and each meeting is followed-up with notes, actions and owners
- Prepare and present findings to executive management team.
- Provide Consumer Experience support to Integrated Marketing efforts across Sony Pictures and other Sony companies.
- Support marketing partnership globally with events when needed.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Support or Experience management or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an organisational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines.
- Passionate about online gaming and have an interest in media and entertainment.
- Experience delivering impactful projects/programs and serve as the change agent driving adoption of procedures across the global Consumer Experience organisation.
- Ability to travel to contact centres or other Sony offices every other month.
- Weekend and evening schedule flexibility required to support major programming events and triage unexpected incidents.
- Strong communication skills – Requires the ability to build compelling slide decks and present a narrative that will influence others.
- Analytically minded with ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights. Must be adept at using Excel.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change across organisational boundaries
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability when dealing with emerging or maturing products and services
- Ability to research, analysis and solve complex problems into solutions.
- Knowledge and effective use of project management processes and tools.
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, and adapt to dynamics associated with emerging / maturing products and services.
- Knowledge of SFDC
- Prior experience in retail, e-commerce
- Past success in establishing support protocol when a new product is released
- Software, Hardware or Services Lifecycle understanding and practices
- Project management discipline (SCRUM, PMP, Agile) and associated documentation skills
- Change Management process knowledge or certification
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and/or a good knowledge of another language.
- Experience working within the gaming industry a plus.
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.