PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The success of PlayStation consoles over the years has not only been thanks to the hardworking teams within Sony Worldwide Studios, but also thanks to the great exclusive games we have built together with independent developers.
The Director/Operations – XDEV will be responsible for seeking out, evaluating and collaborating with the best independent game development teams in their locale – from established AAA creators through to innovative start-ups, and release their games exclusively on PlayStation to the highest possible quality and success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Head of External Production in advancing overall initiatives and provide a Global leadership for XDEV.
- To work with External Producers to effect continual improvement, introduce & promote best working practices, and assure the execution across all XDEV projects.
- To implement a high level of consistency across all XDEV projects, in terms of production control and general reporting.
- To identify strengths and weaknesses within all processes, across all teams, establishing those, where appropriate, as best practice.
- Continually review & analyse processes and risk mitigation throughout the development lifecycle in order to seek out and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- To ensure post-mortem feedback is effectively communicated across teams, and findings are incorporated into the management of future projects.
- Build and maintain a Risk Register to identify, assess & control risk across all XDEV projects, and ensure effective communication of said risks.
- To act as an Advisory to XDEV relating to all operating procedures, such as Milestone sign off and approval, outsource management, reporting, User Testing, Usability, DE&I, Accessibility.
- Establish a Best Practice Wiki resource for Producers and safeguard upkeep and relevance.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in global video game development and publishing.
- Experienced in attracting and leading multiple game development studios.
- Proven leadership in planning and building successful gaming franchises across multiple channels and platforms.
- History of successfully working with global studios ranging from small start-ups to large AAA development teams.
- Creative and consultative decision maker, skilled at resolving issues and moving projects forward
- Proven Production and Design skills capable of understanding and aligning with high level business goals
- Deep technical understanding of game development process to produce AAA titles across small and large teams
- Expresses strong critical thinking and delivers ideas clearly, concisely and logically whilst proactively raising issues and proposing solutions
- Able to stretch the ambition level whist searching for practical solutions for implementation
Must be Prince 2 certified (or similar Development Management qualification) with a strong project management background.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.