PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Global Sales Development North America
Global Store and Services brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by being part of a truly distributed team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Commercial Management drives revenue to PlayStation Store and Services from the channel and retail. This is achieved through custom trade marketing solutions, local territory expertise, sales and customer data analysis, competitor reviews and collaboration with multiple internal teams, publishers and integrator partners.
Reporting to the VP Commercial Management, the Director, Global Sales Development North America will lead the regional team, financial year budgeting process and own sales performance. Representing your region, are a specialist on market dynamics including products, performance, customer segmentation, insights, preference, and local market conditions enabling them to focus their team on achieving business level goals and executing against strategies.
They will be a specialist in developing relationships across the business and in forging new directions to generate increased revenue, all the time bringing multiple partners on the journey. Ability to interact and contribute at a global level is key. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and dynamic team leader, with strong attention to detail, people leadership skills and someone who can push things forward in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Regional specialist working to drive PlayStation Store and Services and Digital at Retail sales, with accountability for the Americas.
- Collaborate with key internal partners and identify best-in-class plans and offers for territory using a 360-approach including forecasting, monitoring performance, and post-mortem. Ability to articulate key findings and recommendations, both long term and tactical.
- Own regional financial year planning process and subsequent updates, gain consensus at senior exec level through strong methodology, collaboration with other groups and presentation to gain sign off.
- Lead regional team in delivery of Digital at Retail (PlayStation top-up and Services cards in retail) revenue through quarterly planning of campaigns, and retail investments, ensuring delivery to Digital at Retail critical metrics.
- Key partner in growing Store, Services, and Digital at Retail in opportunity markets - using data and insights to architect solutions specific to market conditions. Bridge the gap between physical and digital goods through market expertise and retail investments.
- Constantly be looking into new commercially focused channels and opportunities across owned region.
- Lead and handle Commercial Management global initiatives upon assignment.
- Represent Commercial Management at global, exec, internal team and territory meetings and be ready to assemble needed data and present across the organization (stand-ups, financial, business operations etc)
- Regional specialist with full knowledge and understanding of the business, customers, market conditions (GDP, recession, digital preference), and competitors with a keen ability to see opportunities and maneuver through challenges and roadblocks.
- Ensure Sales Development team are handling Store and Services priority titles in retail via quarterly Indirect Merchandising planning and activity
- Regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours in a global organization.
- 15+ years in the digital industry within market / business development, commerce, and/or business operations.
- Passionate - Creative and upbeat team leader who embraces change, can bring others on a journey and has a desire to continually improve.
- Commercial - Inventive in finding solutions to business problems. Solid ability to execute on strategic vision with a keen sense to activate tactical initiatives, simultaneously. Innate ability to understand and articulate market performance, analyze, and come to optimized business solutions including tailored promotions and campaigns.
- Data-centric and analytics driven with robust planning skills and commercially focused. Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data with even stronger aptitude to articulate initiatives in lock step with longer term strategy.
- Agile - Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to ever-changing market dynamics and conditions. Confirmed ability in applying techniques to develop successful market strategies.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive demeanor. Delivery focused. Forward thinking and validated experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate and come to an efficient business solution. Work across teams and get great results.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- People focused, able to set strategic goals, help others to achieve and get the best out of a team. Excellent disposition and communication within department, internal, and external partners.
- Experience working in/with territory / retailers desired.
- Highly proficient in collaboration tools, Teams, Slack, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.