PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is for everyone! Our Global Consumer Experience (CX) Projects & Planning team leads end-to-end CX projects and represents CX for high-profile engineering projects & releases by planning requirements with internal customers and ushering projects through the entire project lifecycle.
As a CX Project Manager, you are a strategic thinker who enjoys removing obstacles and is comfortable leading cross-regional and cross-functional teams. Do you have experience performing under pressure in a dynamic environment and can partner across an organizational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines? You will deliver impactful projects/programs and serve as the change agent driving adoption of PMO procedures across the Global Consumer Experience organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver a premium level of support to CX Stakeholders; actively defining requirements, identifying project vision, crafting work back schedules, and delivering premier experiences.
- Ensure clear success criteria are defined and understood by all project team members. You will own tracking of success metrics and throughout the project lifecycle and to measure value is realized.
- You will ensure the project sponsor expectations are met through close alignment and frequent communication
- You optimize multi-functional team efficiency acting as the go-between for teams providing overall project clarity and direction.
- You will organize and motivate the project team. Ensure strong time management practices.
- Actively partners with a cross-functional team, other project managers, and leadership to ensure specific requirements, time, and internal regulatory standards are met.
- Your reporting on status and risks using internal tracking tools will provide visibility to the larger team.
- Identify/eliminate bottlenecks and risks by influencing other sand using appropriate knowledge, skills, and techniques.
- You will Craft and modify complex project presentation materials for executive review.
- Contribute to Project and Planning team operating model by restlessly focusing on continual improvement.
What we are looking for:
- Years of proven success and relevant work experience in management consulting, business strategy & operations, project/program management, and operations, ideally in an environment focused on delivering services.
- Solid ability to juggle contending priorities; Shown ability to handle ambiguity, and a preparedness to tackle what is necessary to get things done.
- Experience negotiating through challenging circumstances.
- Proven experience successfully driving and advocating for a globally distributed team.
- Strong influencing skills with a highly-developed level of emotional intelligence.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of different teams and personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- You use data and takes an analytic approach to problem-solving and an ability to think strategically about issues and solutions.
- Thorough understanding of consumer behaviour and how it can be influenced.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and PlayStation heritage
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related discipline.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies and frameworks such as SaFE Agile disciplines and standard process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, and Kaizen methods.
- Working knowledge of analytics software, e.g. Qlik, Tableau, or MicroStrategy.
- Good technical understanding and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and a good knowledge of another language.
- Standout colleague with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.