PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Compliance Programs Manager
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation HR Department is looking for a talented, collaborative Compliance Programs Manager to build and measure compliance controls, ensuring policies and practices are relevant and scalable. In this role, you will be working with various partners across the organization. The right candidate will manage HR Compliance program governance including partnership on; hiring controls for employment verification and reverifications, background checks and adjudication, multiple employment classification support such as fixed term employee, co-op, studio conversion/movement programs, regulatory reporting requirements and HR audits. This role will also focus on process improvement opportunities and demonstrating industry best practices.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR Operations & Compliance, you will be based in San Mateo and work alongside our broader HR Operations & Compliance team. Join this highly collaborative HR team whose mission is to create a highly engaged work culture.
- Manage relationships with key partners in HR, Legal, Finance, IT, Security and Facilities
- Oversee regulatory reporting requirements with acute attention to detail - EEO1&2, VETS, WARN, Affirmative Action Plan
- Management of HR Compliance Program deliverables and vendors:
- HireRight vendor relationship and program as the technical subject matter authority (I-9 Employment Verifications and Re-verifications, Background Check, & Background Adjudications in the system)
- Export Control vetting and business process
- Labor Law postings oversight and staying up to date on developments and changes
- HR policy updates and implementation (US, Canada and LATAM)
- Plan governance knowledge of global PTO plans
- Workday audits and partnering with HR Systems
- Sarbanes Oxley controls compliance (Internal Audit-provide data Finance-Jan/end of December preview from EEO)
- Support and maintain Governance and Compliance controls for Fixed Term Employee Program (US and Canada); including administration to generate extension, renewals, and termination procedures
- Assist in driving analytics, project planning and organization in support of business strategies while mitigating risk and maintaining compliance with labor regulations
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with HR functional specialists to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs
- Manage vendor relationships and SLAs, implementing program changes to optimize operational processes
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence and HRBP team to support business needs through; learning and development, compensation and employee engagement
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different project requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- Conducts and/or coordinates appropriate training for Human Resources staff when new programs have been developed or enhancements made to existing programs.
- Utilizes technical expertise to provide information for various projects and/or requests initiated by HR or by senior management. Determines data needs and how to gather data. Identifies trends and interprets and analyzes data.
- 8+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech, entertainment or creative environment
- Demonstrated eye for business and analytical skills with experience tracking, analyzing and reporting employee support metrics and providing appropriate recommendations to leadership
- Experience must include knowledge of applicable reporting tools and record layout/structure to analyze and determine the best method of data retrieval, to prioritize HRIS reporting needs and to work closely with HRIS.
- Functional and systems knowledge to effectively test applied fixes and changes, provide effective error resolution, and develop applicable and accurate reports and to serve as liaison to HRIS for interpretation of HR functional needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word mail merge and Excel required, including pivot tables, vlookup, data conversion and charting.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in order to work effectively with employees of all levels and external vendors.
- High level of initiative and quickly resolve problems
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Passionate, responsive, with sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and ability to use creativity to problem solve; desire to make a difference.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; PHR/SPHR certification and employment law experience a plus
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.