Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We're looking for an Associate Technical Narrative Designer to integrate dialogue, cutscenes, and in-game storytelling moments, into worlds that set the bar for player immersion. As a part of the Narrative team, this technically oriented individual will work side-by-side with our Writers, Cinematics team, Level Designers, Systems Designers, and Audio Engineers. Supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, choreography, and implementation challenges.
As a Technical Narrative Designer, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with other disciplines, to creatively implement narrative parts of the game. You have a CS degree or advanced scripting background, and experience solving complex technical problems.
Help us create amazing world leading games that transform all players into heroes!
- Interpret, respect, and support the creative direction of the Game Director, Design Director, and Narrative Director.
- Work closely with the designers, writers, and animators to create cinematic sequences and interactive narrative moments.
- Author complex scripted scenarios and implement narrative assets from a range of partners.
- Work with the Writers, Level Designers, and Audio to perfect the presentation and choreography of narrative aspects of gameplay.
- Participate constructively in production and design meetings, and discussions.
- Build content using visual and text-based scripting systems, Maya, and in-house tools.
- The position also involves debugging technical issues.
- Experience with game editors and scripting languages.
- Ability to work with visual scripting and code-based proprietary tools.
- Good understanding of game production, design tools, and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have shipped at least 1 commercial game product with at least 6 months of development time.
- Experience implementing narrative components such as cinematics and game VO.
- Shipped a product that used a visual scripting system for implementation.
- Completed a Computer Science or related degree.
- Full development cycle experience for at least 1 published triple-A title.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.