Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Do you have the passion and experience to define and drive processes and methodologies? Are you ready to lead a team of other producers and be the voice of project excellence? If yes, let’s have a chat. We are looking for a Production Director to join the leadership team of our Stockholm Studio!
- Be the craft leader of Production in the Studio, managing other producers and representing the discipline within leadership.
- Establish and standardize processes for the Studio to ensure we deliver high-quality software on time with each milestone.
- Facilitate communication within teams and identify inefficiencies and initiative process improvements.
- Understand our business goals and help guide the game teams through our milestone process.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Deeply rooted in the gaming industry
- Solid experience in project management/production, preferably with about 7 years of experience
- Experience of all phases of game lifecycle
- Shipped multiple free-to-play mobile titles
- Passion for games
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience in team/people management
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager, Head of Studio Stockholm. Before diving deeper into your skills and experience, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second meeting: You will meet the Producers of Stockholm studio.
- Final meetings: You will be invited to meet the leads of Art, Tech, and Design disciplines and HR, who you will work closely with. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.