User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
We are looking for a kick-ass Director, Product Manager to contribute to the growth of our key games and build a framework to support upcoming games’ growth. With a proven deep understanding of free-to-play game design engagement/monetization mechanics, you will coach other PMs.
You would be the responsibility for the development of product management competence in Rovio and working closely with game analysts, designers, game leads and user acquisition team.
- Facilitate learning and knowledge sharing, support PMs on gathering feedback, references and best practices
- Coach other PMs and develop the PM competencies in Rovio
- Facilitate a forum to knowledge sharing among PMs & UA in different teams & studios
- Bring an outside-in view to the team by benchmarking of competitors and identifying new and promising practices
- Help teams in defining ways of developing the growth of our top games based on a deep understanding of free-to-play game design engagement/monetization mechanics
- Lead games wide efforts in spotting and analyzing trends and creating new monetization designs for studios to use (an example being battle pass in different genres)
- Bridge the gap between UA & PMs and help us to find ways that acquisition data would be more useful as a part of game development
- Build a deep understanding of what features and themes increase user engagement
- Collaborate extensively with feature planning and optimization: define a testing protocol, establish benchmarks internally and externally
- Oversee a tooling needs for running live ops in our games with our Tech & BI-team
Who we think would do great in this role:
- A good listener and a strong influencer
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines and influence effectively
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Love games and have at least 6+ years of experience in the game industry
- 7 years of experience as a Product Manager and recently launched or worked on a chart-topping game
- 4+ years of leading or coaching
- Skills for competitor benchmarking and market analysis
- Ability to model and compare different balancing options of a game
- Strong quantitative skills, including experience designing free-to-play game economies and optimizing them in a live environment
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Understanding of UA and impact of it to game KPIs
We’d love if you have:
- Experience in A/B and multivariate testing
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today!