At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Senior Graphics Programmer who possess a passion for breathing life, realism, and fun into games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with other departments to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Work with others to expand our next-generation graphics pipeline including advanced lighting and rendering techniques, and special effects.
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstar's studios.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing/future rendering code.
- Significant knowledge of how to take advantage of the Graphics Processing Units.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Ability to debug engine level code.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Excellent HLSL, Cg or other vendor specific shading language skills.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, vendor specific and/or OpenGL).
- Good grounding in graphics theory and math.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.