At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented Systems Engineers who possess a passion for building and supporting Linux environments that are highly redundant and scalable. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- 24x7 Linux operations of our online games, features, and services.
- Hands-on support to the operations of online and development environments.
- Build and plan infrastructure for upcoming releases.
- Hands-on maintenance and administration of Linux based systems.
- Perform patching and support server migrations as needed.
- Develop standard operating procedures to ensure high availability.
- Perform routine system maintenance when needed to resolve issues.
- Support root cause analysis efforts across multiple infrastructure layers.
- Ensure a highly available production environment particularly during system maintenances.
- Administer monitoring services such as Check_MK, Splunk, Grafana and Graphite.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, IT certifications, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Linux environment using related technologies and standards such as DHCP, DNS, LDAP, Kerberos, CIFS/SMB.
- In-depth hands-on experience with RHEL or CentOS as well as configuration management experience with either Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience administering systems in a high traffic, multi-system, public facing environment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Apache servers.
- Experience administering one of the following: Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo, Hadoop (Hive, HDFS, Impala, Oozie), MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Possess a thorough understanding of network protocols and standards such as TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/S and SSL/PKI.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Experience working with major CDN providers.
- Experience scripting in one of the following languages: Bash, Python, PHP, or Perl.
- Experience with REST API automation.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience supporting online game development and production environments.
- General Cisco IOS administration experience for adding removing VLANS and LACP bonds.
- Knowledge of PowerShell.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.