At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is looking for an organized and proactive Associate Systems Administrator to provide first line support to our busy development studio. This position is responsible for providing IT support and assistance to all members of the studio, ranging from troubleshooting/resolving user issues to upgrading PC hardware/software. The successful candidate will not only be a quick learner, but also show the ability to work as part of a team and feel equally confident in an unsupervised environment.
WHAT WE DO
- We are a friendly, close-knit team who are part of the larger global R* IT family.
- We provide desktop hardware and software support to the studio, including installation, maintenance and purchasing.
- Our main goal is to give the highest level of service to ensure minimal downtime for the end user.
- We are process and procedure driven with an emphasis on accurate documentation.
- We work in a very fast paced environment with new challenges around every corner.
- We are always very security oriented with a drive for protecting company IP.
- We are environmentally aware ensuring we recycle all our old IT kit and printer toners.
- Provide first line technical support to employees across the organization.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues both remotely and in-person.
- Build, deploy, and configure PCs and development consoles for new/existing employees.
- Upgrade software using Microsoft SCCM.
- Upgrade hardware and peripherals as required by the development teams.
- Active Directory – managing users, computers, groups, and OU structures.
- Maintain asset inventory, including regular physical stock checks.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides.
- Move IT equipment to help with studio and team re-organization.
- Perform IT Storeroom housekeeping, hardware recycling, and maintenance of secure disposal processes.
- 1+ year of professional IT or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to assist our remote workforce.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to install, upgrade, and maintain PC workstation hardware.
- Ability to work well within a team and simultaneously use one own's initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong focus on customer service and user experience.
- Willing to be flexible on schedules with regards to shift patterns.
- Ability to be on-call to cover out of hours support for the studio at busy periods.
Please note these are desired skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with computer gaming hardware and consoles.
- Experience with live-streaming hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Ubuntu Linux and Apple OSX.
- Knowledge of Avid products and systems.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.